Sunday, October 26, 2014

Book Review- Whatever Life Throws at You

I finished reading Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross yesterday.

From Goodreads:

Life loves a good curveball…


Seventeen-year-old Annie Lucas's life is completely upended the moment her dad returns to the major leagues as the new pitching coach for the Kansas City Royals. Now she's living in Missouri (too cold), attending an all-girls school (no boys), and navigating the strange world of professional sports. But Annie has dreams of her own—most of which involve placing first at every track meet…and one starring the Royals' super-hot rookie pitcher.

But nineteen-year-old Jason Brody is completely, utterly, and totally off-limits. Besides, her dad would kill them both several times over. Not to mention Brody has something of a past, and his fan club is filled with C-cupped models, not smart-mouthed high school “brats” who can run the pants off every player on the team. Annie has enough on her plate without taking their friendship to the next level. The last thing she should be doing is falling in love.

But baseball isn't just a game. It's life. And sometimes, it can break your heart…


I am so thankful that a friend of mine recommended this book because I normally would have passed right over it.  But she knows I love sports books AND this book had running in it so I followed her advice and gave it a shot.  And I loved it!

I loved Annie and Brody together.  Their relationship just worked so well.  I loved how they played off each other and were sarcastic with each other.  So true to life (at least with me!)  

I loved reading about the sports aspect.  I have to say how hilarious I find it that this book was about the Kansas City Royals and how their team is horrible, which is true in real life....EXCEPT this year!  Just like in the book, the Royals are currently in the World Series this year!  Hmm..maybe the author can see the future?!?!  I also loved reading about the running.  I related to so much of it (especially the weird cravings for hot dogs!)  

And the ending---happily ever after, of course!

I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I borrowed this book from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment