Saturday, January 16, 2016

Book Review- Fear

I finished Fear (Gone # 5) by Michael Grant last week.

From Goodreads:

It's been one year since all the adults disappeared. Gone.

Despite the hunger and the lies, even despite the plague, the kids of Perdido Beach are determined to survive. Creeping into the tenuous new world they've built, though, is perhaps the worst incarnation yet of the enemy known as the Darkness: fear.

Within the FAYZ, life breaks down while the Darkness takes over, literally—turning the dome-world of the FAYZ entirely black. In darkness, the worst fears of all emerge, and the cruelest of intentions are carried out. But even in their darkest moments, the inhabitants of the FAYZ maintain a will to survive and a desire to take care of the others in their ravaged band that endures, no matter what the cost.

Fear, Michael Grant's fifth book in the bestselling dystopian Gone series, will thrill readers . . . even as it terrifies them.


So thankfully we get more of an idea of what's going on with the FAYZ.  We discover that the rest of the world still is there.  I was glad to finally understand a little more.

This installment wasn't as gross or disturbing.  I mean, it was still crazy to think about, especially with the dome turning black.  But I didn't find myself grossed out like I had been.

 Diana and the baby was interesting.  As was the turn Petey's character took.  Really kinda weird.  I'm still trying to figure out that one.

I'm glad the next book is the last one in the series.  I'm ready for it to wrap up.  And I'm interested to see just how Michael Grant goes about that.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment