Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Book Review- What Light

 reading What Light by Jay Asher last night for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Sierra's family runs a Christmas tree farm in Oregon—it's a bucolic setting for a girl to grow up in, except that every year, they pack up and move to California to set up their Christmas tree lot for the season. So Sierra lives two lives: her life in Oregon and her life at Christmas. And leaving one always means missing the other. 

Until this particular Christmas, when Sierra meets Caleb, and one life eclipses the other.

By reputation, Caleb is not your perfect guy: years ago, he made an enormous mistake and has been paying for it ever since. But Sierra sees beyond Caleb's past and becomes determined to help him find forgiveness and, maybe, redemption. As disapproval, misconceptions, and suspicions swirl around them, Caleb and Sierra discover the one thing that transcends all else: true love.

What Light is a love story that's moving and life-affirming and completely unforgettable.


I read one of the authors more famous books a few years ago and wasn't a fan of it like everyone else was.  So I was skeptical going into this one.  I have to say, I enjoyed this one more.

A plot of living in two cities during the year because of your family business was an interesting one.  I can't imagine having two lives each year.  Sierra and Caleb were a cute couple but Caleb had a secret from his past. I'm all about second chances, but his mistake was pretty serious.  I'm not so sure most parents would be understanding.

The story ended sweetly, but I could easily see room for a sequel.  And I'd gladly pick it up to read.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

What Light will be released on October 18, 2016.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment