Monday, September 12, 2016

Book Review- Nemesis


I just finished reading Nemesis by Anna Banks for an Around the World ARC

Tour.





From Goodreads:
The princess didn't expect to fall in love--with her nemesis.
Princess Sepora of Serubel is the last Forger in all the five kingdoms. The spectorium she creates provides energy for all, but now her father has found a way to weaponize it, and his intentions to incite war force her to flee from his grasp. She escapes across enemy lines into the kingdom of Theoria, but her plans to hide are thwarted when she is captured and placed in the young king's servitude.

Tarik has just taken over rulership of Theoria, and must now face a new plague sweeping through his kingdom and killing his citizens. The last thing he needs is a troublesome servant vying for his attention. But mistress Sepora will not be ignored. When the two finally meet face-to-face, they form an unlikely bond that complicates life in ways neither of them could have imagined.
Sepora's gift could save Tarik's kingdom from the Quiet Plague. But should she trust her growing feelings for her nemesis, or should she hide her gifts at all costs?

This book had it all--great characters. an interesting and unique plot, a love story, and some action.

I loved all of the characters in this book.  Sepora was feisty yet kind, loyal but peaceful, smart but humble.  And Tarik--he made a great king.  He had heart and wasn't cold or calculating. Heck, even Sethos grew on me.  And I want my own Serpen!!

The idea of Forging and what spectorium is was really neat.  To have all of that power in your hands would be amazing.  Yet Sepora only used it for good. 

The world of Theoria was so unique yet the author described the culture so well that I could easily see it in my head. 

Nemesis really kept me engaged.  It was easy to read and kept me interested the whole time.  I'll definitely be picking up the second one in this series.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Nemesis will be released on October 4, 2016.

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

5 comments: