Monday, October 10, 2016

Book Review- Journey of Hope

I finished reading Journey of Hope by Lurlene McDaniel on Saturday.

From Goodreads:

HEATHER BARLOW HAS always been idealistic, and now that she has finished high school, she’s ready to make a difference in the world. After graduation she joins a mission group on a hospital mercy ship sailing to Africa.

Journey of Hope is two novels put together: Angel of Mercy and Angel of Hope.


I used to love reading Lurlene McDaniel's books as a kid.  So I was excited to dive into this one.  I wasn't expecting it to be so religious.  I can't remember if all of her books are so religious and I just never noticed when I was a kid or if it's just this one, but it kind of turned me off. 

That being said, I loved reading about the time in Africa.  I'd love to travel there someday.  And my best friend's little sister just left for a missionary trip of 11 countries in 11 months, so that part did strike close to home. 

Both novels in this book definitely had that classic Lurlene McDaniel twist in it and I found myself holding back tears.  I have a few more of hers on my bookshelf and I look forward to getting to them.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment