Sunday, August 18, 2013

Book Review- Wait for You

I finished reading Wait for You by J. Lynn, Jennifer Armentrout for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Some things are worth waiting for…


Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…


First off, I have to say that for some reason, I thought this was a Young Adult book.  It is NOT.  It definitely New Adult.  Which is fine (and a genre I'm enjoying!) but I just want to make sure that if any mother is reading this, I would not advise teens to read it.  There are lots of explicit sexual scenes.

Okay.  That being said.  I really enjoyed this book.  I was engaged right away and couldn't wait to read about Avery and Cam.

Avery is a great main character.  I knew right away what her secret was, but it was even more horrible than I thought.  And Cam.  Yum!  A player turned good-boy.  Cam and Avery's connection was there, right off.  I loved that Avery didn't just jump into a relationship with him like so many female characters seem to do.  And I loved that Cam waited her out.  They just clicked and were such a sweet couple.

But it wasn't all a romance story.  It dealt with a very serious topic.  I won't give it away but it broke my heart the way that Avery's parents dealt with the issue.

I want to get my hands on Trust in Me, which is a novella, and then Be With Me, which comes out next year!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Wait for You will be released on September 3, 2013.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 43
2013 ARC Reading Challenge: 24
2013 Mammoth Book Challenge: 3

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment