Monday, February 28, 2011

Book Review- Here Lies Bridget

I finished reading Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison last night for a Book It Forward Tour.

From Goodreads:

Bridget Duke is the uncontested ruler of her school. The meanest girl with the biggest secret insecurities. And when new girl Anna Judge arrives, things start to fall apart for Bridget: friends don't worship as attentively, teachers don't fall for her wide-eyed "who me?" look, expulsion looms ahead and the one boy she's always loved—Liam Ward—can barely even look at her anymore.

When a desperate Bridget drives too fast and crashes her car, she ends up in limbo, facing everyone she's wronged and walking a few uncomfortable miles in their shoes. Now she has only one chance to make a last impression. Though she might end up dead, she has one last shot at redemption and the chance to right the wrongs she's inflicted on the people who mean the most to her.

And Bridget's about to learn that, sometimes, saying you're sorry just isn't enough….

Wow.  Talk about hating a character!  I could not STAND Bridget.  Not even a little bit!  She was horrible to everyone and condescending to everyone.  I honestly don't know how anyone could stand to be around her.  I mean, I know her "best friends" were her friends so that they wouldn't feel her wrath or whatever, but I mean really, I would have just stayed away from her.  At the end I guess she was slightly better, but it didn't come close to making up for how awful she was.

And there was a lot of info that we never got.  Like what happened with Bridget's mother.  And what brought on the break up with Liam (what was the final straw). 

This book just okay to me.  I just couldn't stand Bridget at all which overshadowed everything else.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 14
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 12
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 4
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 12

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished this one, too. My review will be up tomorrow. I actually liked this one a ton!

    I thought Bridget was mean, horribly mean, but I felt as though she wanted to change, just didn't know how to go about it.

    Though I'm going against the grain and one of only a small few of positive reviews on the book.

    ReplyDelete