Saturday, November 26, 2011

Book Review- Everneath

I just finished reading Everneath by Brodi Ashton for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
 
The first thing I did when I finished this book was to go see if there was a sequel.  And yay!  This is the first book in a trilogy!  I want to read the next book NOW!.
 
I do have to admit though, that it was hard for me to get into the book at first.  It was kind of slow and I got confused with the whole Everneath and Everliving and what had happened.  But then when everything was discovered about Jack, I was hooked. 
 
 Oh Jack.  And I have a new crush.  Jack.  The boy was a best friend but had a reptuation.  But has always loved you.  Sigh.  I loved that he never gave up on Nikki.  So sweet!  And Cole wasn't too bad either.  Yes, he used Nikki but there was some feeling there, even though he is not supposed to feel anything.  I wonder what will come of this in the next book.
 
The ending was a surprise to me.  It shouldn't have been, because thinking back, I should have seen it coming.  But I didn't.  Oh sadness.  And I want to know what is going to happen next!
 
I gave this book a rating of 4/5.
 
Everneath will be released on January 24, 2012.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 109
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 88
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 88
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I started this over the weekend but quickly passed on to another book for sheer boredom and solid confusion! I'm glad to hear it gets better. I'll give it another go soon then!

    ReplyDelete