Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review- Pandemonium

Late last night I finished reading Pandemonium by  Lauren Oliver for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

I LOVED Delirium.  It was one of my favorite books last year.  So I couldn't wait to get my hands on Pandemonium!  And it didn't disappoint.

Lena is a such a strong character.  I don't know if I could be as strong as she is if I were in her shoes.  I liked how the story went back and forth between "Then" when Lena was in the Wilds and "Now" when is she is under cover for the resistance.  The only thing is, I can't remember how the "Then" and "Now" connected.  The last "Then" part I remember reading is when they are traveling for the winter and at the last homestead, they get attacked by Scavengers.  Can anyone please help me connect what happened after that???  Thanks!

Anyways, in this story we are introduced to Julian.  I didn't want to like him.  I really didn't.  But I did. 

There are a bunch of twists and turns in this book.  Unfortunately, I saw all but one coming.  That didn't make the story any less enjoyable though.  The book is sooo easy to get into.  I get so caught up into Lena's world.  I can't wait to read the third book in the trilogy but hate that I have to wait so long!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Pandemonium will be released on March 6, 2012.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 103
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 83
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 83

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I think you would absolutely adore Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver! I cried!---though I cry at the simplest things also O.o

    Peace, Love, and Crafts,
    -Jasmine Hawkins

    Dorkydryad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete