Saturday, March 31, 2012

Book Review- Perception

I just finished reading Perception by Kim Harrington (Clarity #2) for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.
 
I remember being pleasantly surprised by the previous book in the series, Clarity, so I just knew I would enjoy this one too.  And I was so right!
 
There is such a great mixture of things in this series...just a touch of paranormal, a little bit of mystery, and some romance thrown in...and add a great main character along with fantastic secondary characters and you've got one great read!
 
Clarity is just such a great character.  She's shows that she wants to be a "normal" teenager but she does this while staying true to herself and not giving in to the temptation of being something she's not.  And Mallory was a great new character (although honestly, I couldn't decide if she was going to turn out to be good or evil).  Plus the boys--yum!  Justin and Gabriel were two great guys.  Such a hard decision.  But I knew which one I thought was right for her (certain small things happen that made me feel that way) and luckily, that's the guy she picked in the end.
 
I do have to say that I figured out the mystery in this one pretty early on, although there were times when I doubted myself.  But I was right in the end.  The  book definitely had me thinking though and trying to peg the pieces together.
 
So I'm not sure if there will be more books in this series or not.  But I sure hope so..I'm hooked!
 
I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 29
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 26
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 26
2012 Sophomore Reading Challenge: 3
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment