Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book Review- 7 Clues to Winning You

I finished reading 7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker for an Around the World ARC Tour the Thursday before last (my hard drive died so just now updating reviews).

From Goodreads:

When a humiliating picture of Blythe goes viral, she's instantly the target of ridicule at her new school. To salvage her reputation, Blythe teams up with Luke to win the Senior Scramble scavenger hunt. But Luke is an unlikely ally and potentially can't be trusted.

 Perhaps it's his Shakespearean witticisms that reel Blythe in despite her better judgment . . . or maybe she just craves the thrill of the game. But as the hunt progresses, their relationship heats up. Soon their madcap mischief spirals out of control. Blythe is faced with arrest and expulsion, among other catastrophes - until Luke shows her what the Scramble (and love) is really about.

This was a fun book.  I really liked Blythe.  She had a good heart.  I loved that she volunteered because she enjoyed it and worked hard to get into a good college.  And I loved her fashion sense.  That being said, I loved reading her journey into semi-bad-girlness (Yes, I made that word up).  She seemed to become a very real teenager.

And I liked Luke too (although how he is described doesn't match the guy on the cover to me).  I thought for sure that he was a jerk at first but I was glad to be proven wrong.

I loved the idea of the school scavenger hunt--how fun!  And the special scavenger hunt at the end-- I want one of those! (with the very end altered slightly).

Overall, a fun, light read that is easy to get engaged in.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 36
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 31
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 33
Completely Contemp Challenge 2012: 2012-5
2012 Standalone Reading Challenge: 7
2012 Sophomore Reading Challenge: 4

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment