Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Book Review- Sweet Evil

I just finished reading Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


What a great story about good and evil! 

First off--loved the characters!  I loved Anna.  I loved that she was so good, mostly.  But still had to fight with the temptations of evils.  I loved that she was so loving.  And Kaidan! (I think I've found a new boys name I love!)  I think I mostly really liked him.  There were still some times where he frustrated me but overall I liked him.  His relationship with Anna was pretty fast, which usually annoys me, but for some reason, it didn't in this book.  Maybe its because Anna knew it was wrong.  I liked the secondary characters too of Anna's friends.  Jay was an awesome guy best friend.  This relationship just went to show that guys and girls can be strictly friends.  And Veronica turned out to be pretty great too.  The other Neph made for a fun group of characters.  And Anna's dad--just a big old teddy bear!

Second, I don't think there was too  much action in this book.  It's more of a character story.  But I like it that way.  I liked getting all the back story of the Angels and the Neph and the Dukes.  It was interesting to read and I just got really into it.

This is the first book in a trilogy, and I can't wait til the next one comes out!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 41
2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 36
2012 Debut Author Challenge: 12
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 38

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment