Monday, October 1, 2012

Book Review- Fifty Shades Darker

I finished reading Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James last night.

From Goodreads:

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades. While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life. Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

For some reason, I find myself expecting to disklike the books in this series.  And not wanting to like them so much.  But at the same time, I couldn't wait to get a break from tour books just so I could indulge in this guilty pleasure.  And once again, I found myself surprised by how much I enjoyed the book.

I really liked Ana once again.  Strong yet vulnerable and gives Christian a hard time when he's being unreasonable.  I found that her inner goddess and subconsious didn't make as much of an appearance in this book and I missed that (although I definitely enjoyed the times they did appear).  I was glad to see that Ana stuck to her beliefs about the whole Dom thing.

And I think Christian might starting to be growing on me.  I know, I know.  He's still fifty shades of messed up but I like how he changed his ways for the woman he loved.  And I like how we're shown that he does have a heart. 

I was once again sucked into the book and can't wait to get my  next break from tour books so I can dive into the third book of the trilogy!

I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 71
Completely Contemp Challenge 2012: 2011-3
2012 Mammoth Book Challenge: 7

*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment