Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Book Review- Fifty Shades Freed

I just finished reading Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James.

From Goodreads:

When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian's singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed. Now, together, they have more-love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity, or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present. Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, tragedy, malice and fate combine to make Ana's worst nightmares come true.

I really enjoyed the first two book in this series and couldn't wait to read this one.  I had heard several people say this was the worst of the three but I went in with an open mind.  Unfortunately, I have to agree with them.

In the first two books, I was immediately engrossed in the story.  But in this book, there are a couple of flashbacks which I think just threw the book off.  And I never completely got into it.  Another thing I had heard people complain about was that Ana was so repetitive with all of her thoughts.  I never really was bothered by them until this book.  If I had to read one more "oh my poor Fifty", I might have screamed. 

A lot happened in this book.  I felt like the author was trying to cram a bunch of things in and wrap up the trilogy all in one.  Now don't get my wrong.  I still enjoyed reading the story.  But just nowhere as much as the other ones. 

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 78
Completely Contemp Challenge 2012: 2011-4
2012 Mammoth Book Challenge: 8

*FTC Disclosure: I bought this book.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. I loved the 1st, enjoyed the 2nd but honestly overall only enjoyed the 3rd because I loved the characters, I hated the wrap up.

    ReplyDelete