Monday, October 1, 2012

2012 Sophomore Reading Challenge- October Update



What books count towards the SRC?
Any second YA or MG book published by an author in 2012 counts – it can be the second in a series, a new series, or a standalone. The only requirement is that it is the SECOND book the author has published in the YA or MG realm (and it must publish in 2012 in your home country)! I have started a Goodreads list HERE – as you can see, there are probably many many books on that list you are planning on reading already

When does the challenge run?

Books read before January 2013 count for this challenge.

Why should I join this challenge?
Reading debut novels is AWESOME. It is by far my favorite challenge – it allows me to find many new authors that I love. What better way to support these authors than to read their next published book?

What are the guidelines of the challenge?
Your challenge is to read 10 sophomore YA/MG novels in 2012. To officially participate, you need a Goodreads account or blog where you post reviews in English.

What should I do if I’m an author coming out with a sophomore novel?
I would love to feature you on my blog! Please contact me via THIS FORM or by e-mail (shanynlee at gmail.com).

How do I join?
Link your blog or Goodreads account below, and make a list of the sophomore novels you’re looking forward to

There will be prize packs given away to challenge participants throughout next year. You will receive an automatic entry for signing up to participate – options for additional entries will be announced at the time of the giveway.

  1.  Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton
  2.  Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand
  3.  Perception by Kim Harrington
  4.  7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker
  5.  Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel
  6.  
  7.  
  8.  
  9.  
  10.  

1 comment:

  1. This is another challenge I thought I'd do better at, but I'm finding it more difficult than I originally thought. The problem is, book #2's are not as readily available as book #1's. I was denied a lot of my NG requests and I'm not going to find these at the library yet. So, I'm slowly progressing.... you've read Hallowed and Perception - two I'd really like to read.

    ReplyDelete