Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review- Wish You Were Here

I finished reading Wish You Were Here by Phillipa Ashley earlier today.

From Goodreads:

Jack Thornfield, new CEO, is shocked to see his long lost love, Beth Allen's resume come across his desk. After 8 years apart they have a second chance at happiness in this romantic story about love and secrets.

This is just the book I needed to read after my wedding.  Nothing too heavy.  Nothing requiring a lot of thought.  Something light and fun with a happy ending.  Wish You Were Here fit that perfectly.

Now, let me say that the writing of the book seemed a little, off.  Kinda inexperienced or something.  I'm not sure.  But that didn't stop me from enjoying it at all. I loved the setting of the story and the background of Beth and Jack working for a touring company.  Such fun!  And while it was the typical chick-lit story, I just enjoyed Beth and Jack so much!  Beth wanted to be so strong when she met up with Jack after 8 years, but sometimes fate just steps in! 

This was a great romantic comedy, chick-lit book and I can't wait to read more by the author!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 46
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 39

1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested in reading this one. It seems like a nice light summer read. I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete