Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2011 A to Z Challenge-- June Update



January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.

How does this reading challenge work? Choose the option that works best for you...

Authors -- Read alphabetically by author. Commit to 26 books.
Titles -- Read alphabetically by title. Commit to 26 books.
Authors & Titles -- Commit to reading 52 books

How strict is the 26 or 52? I know it isn't always easy to find those difficult letters. The thought of finding the X's (for example) might scare folks away. It shouldn't! I'm a merciful host! (Ask anyone!)

If you want to give the X's a go... For authors, try to find an X in the first name, middle name, or last name. For titles, it doesn't have to be the starting word. Try to find an X somewhere in a title, and it'd count in my book.

Still can't find a book for the letter you need? I'll take your word for it. I've been there. I know. If your library doesn't see the need to order books just because it starts with an X, then I don't blame you for not wanting to special order a book that you may or may not enjoy. You gave it your best, don't feel bad. You can still make this challenge work for you.

*Since I didn't finish the authors one last year, I am going to try for it again this year.

A. Armstrong, Kelley "The Gathering"
B. Balog, Cyn "Starstruck"
C. Cach, Lisa "Wake Unto Me"
D. Desrochers, Lisa "Original Sin"
E.
F.
G. Gudenkauf, Heather "These Things Hidden"
H. Holder, Amy "The Lipstick Laws"
I.
J. Jones, Carrie "Entice"
K. Kacvinsky, Katie "Awaken"
L. Lim, Rebecca "Mercy"
M. Mahaffey, Shana "Sounds Like Crazy"
N.
O.
P. Picoult, Jodi "Sing You Home"
Q.
R.
S. Shepard, Sara "The Lying Game"
T. Terrell, Heather "Fallen Angel"
U.
V.
W. Ward, Rachel "The Chaos"
X.
Y. Young, Suzanne "A Need So Beautiful"
Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment