Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review- Eternal

I read Eternal by H.G. Nadel for a TLC Book Tour.

From Goodreads:

A love story that spans across continents and centuries.
 
Julia Jones is an eighteen-year-old science prodigy with a big secret. After landing a prestigious internship with brilliant but eccentric Dr. Caleb Bertel, she is finally ready to move on from her mother's death. But after Julia revives Dr. Bertel from a near-fatal electrocution, strange things start to happen.
 
Without warning, Dr. Bertel disappears. Then Julia receives threatening notes on her car, and someone has her followed. The young police officer assigned to the case, Austin Moore, believes the events are connected and asks her to help him solve the mystery of Bertel's disappearance. Instantly
attracted to him, Julia agrees. Still, she knows that she has seen Austin somewhere before, if only she could put her finger on it.

 
Will Julia uncover the mystery of Bertel's disappearance before it's too late, and does she dare trust Austin with her heart?

I love a good love story and I love paranormal books so I thought this would be right up my alley.  Unfortunately, it was all a little blah to me. 

The plot was somewhat unique.  The idea of how Julia saves everything is definitely different.  But I felt that a lot of the thoughts and saying of the characters were very cheesy. 

I liked that Julia was really smart and embraced her intelligence.  That being said, her choice of friends and boyfriends were lacking.  I didn't really see the appeal of them at all.  Austin was okay, I guess, but his attraction to her right from the beginning given the age difference was a little creepy. 

I think if the writing was stronger and some of the plot areas were tightened up, this could be a hit book.  Just the way it is now didn't really do it for me and I found myself struggling to make myself finish it.

I gave this book a rating of 2.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge:8
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 3

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the TLC Book Tours.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book for the tour.

    ReplyDelete