2013 Standalone Reading Challenge
The Challenge Read 15 Young Adult or Middle Grade standalone novels in 2013 that are released in the United States between January 1s - December 31, 2013.
- YA & Middle Grade standalone novels. This means that the book can not have an announced (sometimes sequels happen unexpectedly) sequel, prequel, follow up, etc. Adult novels and picture books do not count.
- This year companion novels count towards the challenge. Companion novels take place in the same world and time as a novel but usually follow a different character. It can be read independently from the book that came before it.
- Released between January 1 - Decemeber 31, 2013 in the United States. If a book was previously released in another country but is being releasing in the US for the first time, it is eligible. At the same time, if you live in a country where it was previously released, but it is being released in the states for the first time - lucky you- it counts.
- Must be read in 2013 (If you have an ARC and read it in 2012, it does not count)
- Can be read in any (legally) readable format: ARC, Paperback, Hardcover or e-book
- Audio books do not count towards the challenge.
Hafsah and I will be creating a list of eligible challenge titles to get you started towards your goal. It will be available soon.
There will be a prize pack given away each month to a random participant. You gain entries into that month's prize pack by linking up to your challenge eligible reviews (Unfortunately, prize packs are US only). There will also be giveaways on the hosts' blogs to go along with special posts with authors. That's not even mentioning the random giveaways that we may throw in here and there! People who complete the challenge and fill out an easy form will be entered into another prize pack drawing.
- Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
- Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
- Poison by Bridget Zinn
- Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
- Furious by Jill Wolfson
- Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
- Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance
- Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols