Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Review-Poison

I just finished reading Poison by Bridget Zinn for an Around the World ARC tour.

From Goodreads:

Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she’s the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom’s future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.

But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart . . . misses.

Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king’s army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she’s not alone. She’s armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can’t stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?

Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she’s certainly no damsel-in-distress—she’s the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon.


I enjoyed reading Poison.  It was an easy book to get into.  There was a little bit of everything--romance, humor, mystery, fantasy/paranormal things, and excitement.

I liked Kyra.  I liked reading about how she was the into potions.  Pretty cool.  I also liked Ariana and Fred.  I liked that Ariana wasn't all into being a princess and I didn't see the thing with Fred coming.  I also didn't see the little twist about Kyra coming, which was fun!

Sadly, I went to Goodreads to see what else she has written so I could read more by her and I learned that she passed away.  So sad.  But I'm thankful that I did get to read this wonderful novel by her.

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

Poison will be released on March 12, 2013.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2013 150+ Reading Challenge: 15
2013 ARC Reading Challenge: 10
2013 Debut Author Challenge: 6
2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 12
2013 Standalone Reading Challenge: 3
2013 Quick Fix Challenge: 6

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.




No comments:

Post a Comment