Monday, March 28, 2011

Book Review- Clarity

I just finished reading Clarity by Kim Harrington for a Book-It Forward Tour.

From Goodreads:

When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

Clarity engaged me right from the very beginning.  It had just a little bit of paranormal (psychics) with a mystery thrown in.  And usually I can figure out the mystery, if not at the beginning, but at least a couple of pages before the mystery is solved.  But not in this book.  I definitely didn't see it coming. 

I really liked Clarity, Gabriel, and Justin.  I liked that Clarity stayed true to herself and who she was.  And I liked the two boys.  I really liked Justin. Part of me thinks that Clarity should go back with him, but then the other part of me says that cheating is not acceptable under any conditions.  And Gabriel.  Mmm...just the right touch of bad boy (I don't go for the bad boy types so the tattoo and just a little bit of the attitude works for me!)

I feel like the book left off where a sequel could take place.  A prediction was made about Clarity's future and I feel like author could easily make that into another book.  And who would Clarity choose- Justin or Gabriel?  (ooh..and I just looked and there will be a second book called Perception coming in March of 2012.  Can't wait to read it!)

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:

2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 21
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 19
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 7
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 17

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Book It Forward ARC Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment