Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Book Review- Up In Smoke

I finished reading Up in Smoke by Katie MacAlister today.
From the back cover:

Though May Northcotta' heart belongs to Gabriel, the leader of the silver dragons, being stuck in Abaddon has significantly cooled down her love life--especially since a demon lord is trying to woo her. So far, May has resisted his efforts, but it's getting increasingly harder to thwart disaster.

So May is shocked when Gabriel encourages her to give in to the demon prince. But her fire-breathing boyfriend has an ulterior motive. Since May was created in the mortal world, her surrender would give her master access to that world, where he would lose most of his powers.

It looks as though May will have to barter to gain her freedom and fulfill her destiny by Gabriel's side. But will a deal with the devil make her life heaven or hell?

I liked this book much better than the first book. I'm not sure if it is because the author explain new terms more or because I now already know most of the terms, but I didn't have to go look anything up this time. I loved the character of May. I loved her personality and I find it really neat that she can shadow walk. And I want a Gabriel! He just seems to hot and protective! This book really left off on a cliffhanger and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book, Me and My Shadow ( I don't want to wait until November for it come out!)

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

This book fullfilled items in the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment