Monday, June 22, 2009

Book Review- Playing With Fire

I just finished reading Playing With Fire by Katie MacAlister.


From the back cover:


Gabriel Tauhou, the leader of the silver dragos, can't take his eyes off May Northcott--not even when May, who has the unique talent of being able to hide in the shadows, has slipped from everyone else's sight.


May, however has little time for Gabriel--not when she's hiding from the Otherworld law, hunting down a blackmailer, and trying to avoid a demon lord's demands. But her ability to withstand Gabriel's fire marks her as his mate, and he has no intention of letting her disappear into the darkness she seems to prefer.


Then May is ordered to steal one of Gabriel's treasures--an immensely important relic of all dragonkin--and he must decide which to protect: his love or his dragons.


This is the first book by Katie MacAlister that I have read (although I own most of them). This is the first of the Silver Dragons series. I had a really hard time getting into it at first. Although I have read several other paranormal series, this book had a lot of terminology in it that I didn't understand. At first I tried to just guess what the words meant, but it got too confusing so I had to look them up. It was really slow-going at first. But then the more I read, the more I got into it. I enjoyed the humor and the romance. I want that kind of passion! I look forward to reading the next book in the series, Up in Smoke.


I gave this book a rating of 3/5.


This book fullfills items in the following challenges:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Dragons
A to Z Reading Challenge: P

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I read this and I loved! Love the wisecracks and the interactions between dragons and the sense of mystery surrounding it all. I like Katie's take on paranormal creatures like woodnyphs.

    Amen to the passion!

    Nice post, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete