Friday, October 7, 2011

Book Review- Frost

I read Frost by Wendy Delsol for a Teen Book Scene review.

From Goodreads:

Wendy Delsol’s FROST, is the sequel to her YA debut STORK.

After the drama of discovering that she’s a member of the Storks, a mystical order of women endowed with powerful abilities, Katla Leblanc is finally settling into her life in chilly Minnesota. In fact, the ex-California girl even hopes for a white Christmas. But Katla’s wintry wish unexpectedly turns into the snowstorm of the century, drawing the attention of Brigid, a gorgeous environmental researcher with an amazing array of fur coats and an unusual interest in Katla’s boyfriend, Jack.

Inspired by Norse mythology and Hans Christian Andersen’s THE SNOW QUEEN.
 
I enjoyed reading Stork and enjoyed reading it's sequel, Frost.  Once again, I just loved Kat' humor.  There were so many times I found myself laughing out loud at things she said or thought.  A lot of them were totally sarcastic things that I would think or say.
 
I liked that the book was based off The Snow Queen story.  And I liked the irony of Kat being in the school production of the story.  But it bothered me how she was in the play, yet didn't connect what was happening in her life to the show she was putting on.  It was so obvious to me.
 
And I still liked Jack and Kat's relationship.  It seemed so sweet and like a true first love.  But I didn't feel that it was over the top.  Just how I like it.
 
Frost is the second book in a trilogy, and I can't wait for the third book!
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
Frost will be released on October 11, 2011.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 54
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 44
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 41
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Teen Book Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment