Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Sunday Salon- October 9, 2011

The Sunday Salon

So a month or so ago, I read that Kiersten White was going to be in town for a conference.  I asked her if there were any public signings but there weren't.  Then this past Wednesday, I saw on her Twitter that she was going to do an unscheduled meet up at Ghirardellis in Downtown Disney.  Which is only 10 mins from where I live!  I was so there!  When I got there, there were only 5 of us total, including Kierstan.  So we got to just sit and talk about our lives and her books and books in general.  I was a little shy at first, but it was so much fun!  Last year, I only rated 2 books with a rating of 5 and one of them was Paranormalcy.  So to say that I love Kierstan White's books is an understatement.  And then I follow her blog and she is bleeping hilarious!  But in person...she's even better!  She's so sweet and funny!  I am so glad that I got to meet her!

I finished and reviewed the following book in the past week:
The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers by Lynn Weingarten
Frost by Wendy Delsol
Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls #2) by C.C. Hunter


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I fulfilled items in the following challenges in the past week:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 54, 92, 93, 94
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 44, 73, 74, 75
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 41, 73, 74, 75

I am currently reading Second Hand Heart by Catherine Hyde Ryan and up next is Reasons to Be Happy by Katrina Kittle.

No comments:

Post a Comment