Thursday, June 21, 2012

Book Review- Flock

I finished reading Flock (Stork #3) by Wendy Delsol last night for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Having barely survived an eleventh grade of adventures rivaling any mythological tale, human Stork Katla Leblanc is hoping for an ordinary senior year. But when two Icelandic exchange students turn up at Norse Falls High, an uneventful school year seems out of the question.

Although tricked into the initial deal, Katla is constrained by a celestial bargain that puts everyone—including her boyfriend, Jack, and best friend, Penny—at risk. She’ll have to use her wits, her wit, her soul-delivering powers, and a few out-of-this-world colleagues to fend off a disaster of epic proportions.


I really enjoyed the first two books in the Stork trilogy so I was excited to read this last one.  And while it wasn't my favorite of the trilogy, I definitely enjoyed it.

Once again, I just loved Kat.  I still love her humor and kind of sarcastic streak.  And I love that she does what she thinks is right, even if it's not exactly what she's supposed to be doing.  And I still like her relationship with Jack (although we don't get too much of him in this book).  I think it still seems like a real, teenage relationship.  I didn't remember Penny from last book (oops) but I enjoyed her.  And I loved the little secret we get about her at the end.  I didn't remember Marik or Jinky either, but I can't forget them now!  I love that everyone loved Marik.  I too thought it was one of his special powers but it turned out that was just his personality.  And spunky little Jinky was fun too.  She had a soft side buried way down there.

I do have to say that the main action of the story towards the end got me a little confused.  I had a hard time following what was happening and why but I think I got the gist of it by the end.  And there's a surprise that happens at the end that I wasn't expecting but I like it.  It ended the trilogy nicely and doesn't leave me wondering what was going to happen next.  I liked that I got all the answers I need!

I enjoyed this trilogy.  It was a great take on Norse fairy tales and while I'm sad to see it end, I was happy with it!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

Flock will be released on September 11, 2012.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 51

2012 ARC Reading Challenge: 53
2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 47

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment