I just finished reading Bite by Laurel K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, MaryJanice Davidson, Angela Knight, and Vickie Taylor.
Feel the Touch of Darkness. . .
Follow a vampire who can be as deadly as her prey. Meet a down home southern girl who's found out, much to her chagrin, that vampires are her type. Feel the euphoria of fear in the shadow of a reluctant Queen of the Undead. Step closer to the hot-blooded edge of passion as a strange new mythology of the night is unveiled.
The bite is back in vampire fiction as today's most provocative authors of vampire fiction cast their irresistible spells on you . . .
The brightest and hottest authors—including New York Times best-selling authors Laurell K. Hamilton and Charlaine Harris—tell all-new tales featuring their best known and loved characters.
* From Laurell K. Hamilton, a never-before-published Anita Blake story in which Anita, temporarily separated from her vampire lover Jean-Claude, must go to him for help on a case. Where she finds herself once more falling under his erotic spell...
* A brand-new, Southern Vampire story by Charlaine Harris features Sookie Stackhouse and the vampires who have come to define her romantic life, and have ended her hope of a normal one...
* Newly crowned Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor reluctantly assumes her royal duties in MaryJanice Davidson's brand-new novella.
* Introduced in the anthology Hot Blooded and the romance Master of the Night, Angela Knight has created a fascinating universe melding Arthurian lore with erotic vampirism...
* Finally, in the romantic novella "Blood Lust", popular romance
author Vickie Taylor brings her own unique spin on vampires...
This is going to be a short review because it's always hard for to write about anthologies. It's hard for me to go deeper into short stories.
I've only ever read books by Charlaine Harris and MaryJanice Davidson before. So while the other short stories were interesting and fun, I wasn't completely into their world. I enjoyed reading MaryJanice Davidson's story. It took me a couple of pages to get where Queen Betsy came into play. But I so love her. She's the first paranormal character that I loved and got me into my paranormal phase. As for Charlaine Harris's story...it was interesting to read more about Sookie's cousin Hadley. I got a little bit more of a back story than we got in the novel.
Overall, fun stories to read!
I gave this book a rating of 3/5.
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
Stackhouse Reading Challenge!: Bite
2012 Reading Challenge 150+: 50
2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: 3
*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.