Thursday, July 30, 2009

Book Review- Fifteen Minutes of Shame

I finished reading Fifteen Minutes of Shame by Lisa Daily last night.


From the back cover:


What happens when America's favorite dating expert finds out on national television that her husband is cheating? Darby Vaughn's fifteen minutes of fame quickly spin into fifteen minutes of shame: Not only is the most humiliating moment of her life spashed across every supermarket tabloid and celebrity gossip show, but also her reputation as America's love guru is shot.


Her fans are turning on her, her book sales have tanked, and her love life is fodder for late-night television. If Darby breaks her own zero-tolerance policy for cheaters and takes her philandering husband back, her career will be over. But if she sticks to her own rules, she'll lose the only man she's ever loved.


This was a fun read! There was parts that made me really sad and other parts that made me laugh out loud. I really liked the character of Darby. I felt for her--about her life growing up and I identified with her--about her love cheating on her. And I loved how she wanted custody of "her kids" even though they weren't hers by birth. There are many stories about lost love, but I'm not sure that I have read one where the main character fought for kids that weren't hers. I enjoyed reading the little dating tips at the end of each chapter--it was a cute addition. And I really liked the ending. Part of it I expected, and part of it wasn't what I expected, but it definitely made sense and it left me happy.


I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment