Saturday, July 18, 2009

Book Review- Jennifer's Body

I just finished reading Jennifer's Body by Audrey Nixon.


From the back cover:


The sign says WELCOME TO DEVIL'S KETTLE, POP. 7,036. COME SEE WHAT'S COOKIN'! No, seriously...that's what it says.


Some people find it hard to believe that a babe like Jennifer Check would associate with a dork like me, Needy Lesnicki. But we had history. We'd been the Wonder Twins since we were preverbal, and sandbox love never dies. Or at least that's what I thought.


But after that night in the woods, Jennifer was different. She looked different. And then the killings began...

A lot of people ask me if I'm sorry I did it. I'm only sorry I didn't do it sooner.


Ok, I hate doing negative reviews but I just plain didn't like this book. The wording in it was so--fake, for a lack of better words. The words that the main character spoke are not words that real teenagers use. For example, Needy was wearing low-rise pants and her boyfriend told her But, like I can see your womb." And they call hot guys "salty." It just didn't work for me. The plot seemed rush--it just seemed like it was trying to be a cool slasher book and it didn't work.


I gave this book a rating of 1/5.


This book fullfills items in the following challenges:
Paranormal 999 Challenge: Demons

2 comments:

  1. Stupid review! It's supposed to be strange and funky morons! The movie will rock too!

    ReplyDelete