Monday, November 22, 2010

Book Review- The Lost Saint

I just finished reading The Lost Saint by Bree Despain for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace’s relationship with Daniel is put in danger — in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her — not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.

Bree Despain delivers sizzling romance and thrilling action in the heart-pounding sequel to The Dark Divine.

I have a truly horrible memory when it comes to remembering plots of books and movies.  And while sometimes, once I start to read a sequel, it will all come back to me, unfortunately it didn't happen with this book. So after a couple of chapters I had to go look up a spoiler summary of the book.  And once I did that, I remembered why I had loved the first book so much.

This book was a roller coaster of emotions.  I loved Daniel and Grace together.  And then I didn't like Daniel because of his behavior and I was starting to like Talbot more.  There times I felt both hopeful and hopelss about Jude. Yeah, I was never sure which guy to trust and like.  It made for an intriguing and gripping story.

I don't think I enjoyed this book as much as I did The Dark Divine, but I think that's because Daniel and Grace's relationship was kind of strained in this book.  And I felt that there was a lot more action in the book and not so much a character driven storyline.  But that doesn't make it bad.  It definitely makes it a griping read and one that I couldn't put down.  And the end.  Oh boy, I definitely didn't see that one coming!  And how I want the next book now so that I can find out what happens next!

Once again the cover is absolutely gorgeous.  Both the cover for The Dark Divine and the cover for The Lost Saint are so totally striking. I just love the coloring!

I gave this book a rating of 4/.5

The Lost Saint will be released on December 28, 2010.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 153
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 118
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 107

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

2 comments:

  1. Is The Dark Divine the first book in his series? How many more books are expected to be in the series after this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you said that. Sometimes I just can't remember the plot of a book -- even if I really liked it, and I think it's because I read so much so fast. Sometimes I even read the summary, and feel like, did I read that???

    BTW, I like the background of your blog. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete