Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book Review- A Touch Mortal

I just finished reading A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford for a We Love YA! Tour.

From Goodreads:

Eden didn’t expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else’s game. Her heart is her own.

And that’s only the beginning of the end.

Maybe it's just me, but I found a lot of this book confusing.  In the beginning, I had no clue what was going on.  Nothing was explained well.  And then when things were explained, there was too much new terminology for me to keep straight: Siders, Screamers, Fallen, Bound, Upstairs, Downstairs, Touch, dosing, storing, and so on.  And there were so many different characters that I had a hard time with them too.  I don't feel like we really got to know any of them.  And while I wanted to like Eden because she was trying to help the Siders, I never really did.  And I never felt sympathetic for her. 

This story was definitely action packed.  There was tons of action and it was very dark.  A lot of the story had to do with people who had committed suicide.  And it was pretty gruesome, especially towards the end. 

I'm not really sure what I expected from this book, but this storyline definitely wasn't it.  From the way the end of the story left off, I think there might be a sequel.  I think I will have to read the summary of the next book before I decide whether I am going to pick it up or not.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

A Touch Mortal will be released on February 22, 2011.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 154
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 119
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 108

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of We Love YA! tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment