Sunday, September 25, 2011

Book Review- Carrier of the Mark

I just finished reading The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRĂ­s.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

I was absorbed into this book pretty quickly.  And I really liked all of the characters.  I loved Megan.  She seemed like such a real teen.  And the friends she met in Ireland were great.  They were nice and supportive and positive.  The boys were great too!

There were really only 2 things that I didn't like.  1) The history of the mark and the carrier of the mark left me confused.  I got so lost in what the bloodlines meant and who could have the mark, and so on.  And 2)  I think that Megan and Adam's relationship was a little too intense, too quickly.  I mean, I know that it explains why, but it still bothered me.

That being said, the plot was pretty interesting.  It had me hanging on and guessing and wanting to know what was going to happen next. I'm pretty sure that there is going to be a sequel (there's not a huge cliffhanger or anything, but you just get a feeling that the end of this book is not the end of the whole story) and I look forward to reading the next one!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

Carrier of the Mark will be released on October 4, 2011.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 90
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 71
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 25
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 71

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment