Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Sunday Salon- September 11, 2011

The Sunday Salon

Ten years ago today...we will never forget.

I remember walking into the bottom of the journalism building getting ready for my first day of news reporting on my own with a friend as a photographer.  I saw my best friend from high school, and former roomate (who I hadn't seen in over a year) so we were chatting to catch up.  In the building there were big tvs that were always turned to a national new station.  Well, as we were chatting we noticed that they were both showing a plane that had hit one of the twin towers.  I remember we were talking about how a pilot could miss a big building like that but we didn't think too much of it.  Then I went upstairs and it was like all hell had broken loose.  As we were watching the screens in the newsroom, we saw the second plane hit.  And everyone startied saying "Bin Laden".  I had no idea who that was but our news directors immediately had a theory (before it even came out that they were correct).  Our news director gave us quick directions on where each of us was reporting and pretty much threw us out there.  My friend and I were assigned the airport.  I remember as we were driving to the airport, we found out about the pentagon.  My boyfriend at the time called me upset because his uncle worked there.  I remember feeling so lost.  Not really understanding what was going on, scared to be at the airport, and nervous because our first day of reporting was going to be on such a huge topic.

I will never forget.

I finished and reviewed the following book in the past week:
Fury by Elizabeth Miles











I fulfilled items in the following challenges in the past week:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 81
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 65
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 21
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 63

I am currently reading Possession by Elana Johnson and up next is Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey.

1 comment:

  1. We cannot imagine working in journalism on a day like that...

    ReplyDelete