Why a Standalone Reading Challenge?
There's a challenge for Debuts, there's a challenge for Sophomores, why not a challenge for Standalones?
So what's the challenge?
To read 15 standalone YA books in 2012!
What books count towards the 2012 Standalone Reading Challenge?
Any Young Adult standalone book that is released between December 27, 2011 and December 31, 2012. Any format (paperback, hardcover, e-book, ARC) counts, but they must be read during the year 2012.
Where can I find out which books can be read for the SARC?
We have started a list for you HERE. Please note, this list is public and won't be 100% accurate. We will try to keep it updated as best as we can. If you know of any standalones we may have missed, please feel free to add to this list.
I'm an author with a standalone novel coming out in 2012!
If you're an author with a standalone novel releasing in 2012, whether its a debut or not, you can participate too. It would be super spectacular if you would like to either donate a book/swag or sign up for an interview/promotional post! Please fill out the form HERE.
Who can participate?
Anyone with a blog or a Goodreads account where they are able to post reviews (in English) can participate.
Why should I sign up?
One, there will be a lot of fun. Two, there will be periodic prize packs (more info to come) given out to participators, as well as fun posts from and interviews with authors who have standalone YA novels releasing in 2012. And three, its a fun way to promote those novels that aren't part of a series/trilogy!
- Fracture by Megan Miranda
- Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti
- Miracle by Elizabeth Scott
- Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
- Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale
- Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard
- 7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker
- Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
- Team Human by Justine Larbalestier & Sarah Rees Brennan
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
- Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus