Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays- February 3, 2009



TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

My two teasers:

" After Kasia brought Mike the tape in a white letter envelopw (as if he might be going to mail it to someone!), Mike walked home with it and watched it on his television-- an enormously complicated and frustrating task since he first had to find his own movie camera that used similar tapes and figure out how to connect its various cables to the television so that the tape would play through the camera. Sometimes Mike wished he had just slipped the offensive tape into a pot of boiling water, or sent it out with the trash in a white plastic drawstring bag, or spooled it out with a pencil and wadded it into a big mess."
~pg 3, "Testimony" by Anita Shreve

4 comments:

  1. The Linnet Bird by Linda Holeman pg. 193

    I was living a British life, eating many-course meals of meat and gravy and vegetables and heavy cakes for dessert, being spoken to in English voices, seeing only that which was carefully controlled.

    I knew that, even with the little I had been allowed to see of it, I could love India.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is the fourth teaser from this book that I've read today. I have it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, quite a few people seem to be reading this one. I'm putting it on my TBR list right now! Great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - quite popular today, and actually, I've read quite a few great reviews of this book. For such a serious topic, it sure sounds interesting - thanks for the teaser!

    :) Wendi

    Here's my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete