Friday, February 13, 2009

Book Review- Succubus Blues

I just finished reading Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead.

From the back cover:

Succubus (n.) An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men.
Pathetic (adj.) A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven't stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess getup complete with whip and wings. And she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...

I really enjoyed this book. I had no idea what a succubus was before I read this book, but now I have found a whole new paranormal theme that I will be looking into. This book had the perfect amount of romance, mystery, and humor--the main character could be so sarcastic! I loved this book and can't wait to read the next one in the series.

I rated this book 4/5.


This book fullfilled the requirements for the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good read. I'll have to look into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this was good. Glad to hear you liked it too. I'll have to get this one. For me, the humor is the best part!

    ReplyDelete