Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Book Review- Highland Rebel

I finished reading Highland Rebel: A Tale of a Rebellious Lady and a Traitorous Lord by Judith James on the plane on the way to Chicago this weekend.

From the back cover:

His wit and intoxicating good looks have served him well...

Jamie Sinclair abanonded and despised at an early age, learned quickly to fend for himself. Now he looks forward to finishing one last mission for his king and finally collecting his reward...

Raised to rule her clan, she'll stop at nothing to protect her own.

Daughter of a Highland laird, heiress to a title, a forutne, and vast properties, Catherine Drummond rides fearlessly into battle against the English forces sent to quell the Scots' rebellion...

When Catherine falls into the hands of vicious mercenaries, Jamie impulsively marries her on the spot to save her from a grim fate. But in a world where princes cannot be trusted and faith fuels intolerance, hatred, and war, no good deed goes unpunished.

When I agreed to review this book, I guess I didn't realize it was a historical romance novel. This is not the type of book that I normally read. But I found myself enjoying it.

I like the characters of Jamie and Catherine. I thought they played well off of each other. I liked that their relationship was so feisty.

I wasn't big on the historical part though. I found myself spacing out when reading some of that part. That's just me though. If historical romance is your thing, then I think this book would be right up your alley.

Thank you to Danielle from Sourcebooks for the review copy.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

1 comment:

  1. This doesn't look like something I'd read either. But sometimes stepping away from your favorite genres is a nice break and sometimes you are surprized how much you enjoy something different.

    ReplyDelete