Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Book Review- Millie's Fling

I finished reading Millie's Fling by Jill Mansell last night.

From the back cover:

Millie's life is about to turn around...

Bestselling romance author Orla Hart decides to make her friend Millie Brady the heroine of her next novel, even though Millie doubts her boring life will inspire a steamy page-turner. But whatever excitement doesn't happen to Millie naturally, Orla is secretly determined to stir up...

While Millie faithfully recounts the hilarious mishaps of her friends and family, Orla schemes to match Millie with the perfect romantic hero to really spice things up. But Orla doesn't know that Millie has deliberately left out the juiciest recent development.

This was another cute story by Jill Mansell. A lot of the story was pretty predictable but it was still a fun read. I really liked the characters. All of them had a lot of warmth to me. I enjoyed reading about Millie, but for some reason, she seemed to be an older character than twenty-five years old. I liked Hugh and his struggle between the feelings he was having for Millie and the guilt over betraying his deceased wife. I enjoyed Orla and her scheming (in a good way) ways. And I want to know more about Lucas. He was portrayed as such a player, but towards the end he seemed to have such a good heart and I wanted to know why. This was a long book--499 pages, but it easily could have been longer. I want to know more about what happens to all of the characters!

I gave this story a rating of 3.5/5.

Thanks to Danielle from Sourcebooks for setting this up! Millie's Fling is being released in stores today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment