Saturday, September 19, 2009

Book Review- The Hollow

I just finished reading The Hollow by Jessica Verday for a book review for Book Divas.

Abbey's world is shattered the day that her best friend, Kristen, disappears at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. The cemetary was one of their favorite places to hang out and Abbey continues to visit there. She soon meets Caspian and quickly falls in love with him. But their relationship isn't normal. He makes her feel special, but she is never sure of his feelings for her.

Just when he world seems to be slowing getting put back together, she learns that Kristen was keeping secrets from her. Feeling hurt and betrayed, she wonders if this secret could have led to her death. And then she realizes that Caspian is keeping secrets from her too and her world once again comes crashing down on her.

When I first saw this book, I thought it would take forever for me to read since it was over 500 pages, but I found myself flying through it. I really enjoyed the character of Abbey. I thought she was completely believable and seemed like a real teenager. The writing was very well done. I could feel Abbey's pain of losing her best friend, as well as the joy of falling in love for the first time. And I thought it was neat that her hobby was making perfurmes.

The only complaint I have about the story would be that it became more about the relationship between Abbey and Caspian, and it left wanting to know more about how and why Kristen died and if it had anything to do with the secrets she kept. But that's not to say that I didn't enjoy the relationship between Abbey and Caspian, because I did. The Hollow is first book in a trilogy and I can't wait to find out what happens between them!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.


***SPOILER ALERT*** Don't read below this line....it fits one of my challenges, but if you read which challenge it is, then it will give the end of the story away.



This book fulfills items in the following challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment