Friday, March 26, 2010

Book Review- City of Glass

I finally finished reading City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.

From Goodreads:

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.

Geez, this series took me forever to read!  Once again, I wasn't blown away by the book.  But it was my favorite out of the three.  I think that City of Glass had more character development in it, and while it still had tons of action, I feel like I wasn't overwhelmed by it like I was in the other two books.

There was definitely a big twist in the story, but I figure out what it was pretty much from the beginning.  I really liked the ending of the story.  I think it wrapped up nicely and I liked the way it went.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 39
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 29

*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

1 comment:

  1. I think these books are just a little too long. The story has too many sub-plots. But I do like Jace. There's no denying that one.

    ReplyDelete