Sunday, March 14, 2010

Book Review- Winter Longing

I finished reading Winter Longing by Tricia Mills late last night/early this morning for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

A plane crash in Alaska takes Winter’s first love away forever . . .
When Winter’s boyfriend is killed in a plane crash in the Alaskan wilderness, she’s robbed of the future she’d only just allowed herself to believe might be hers. Winter and Spencer had been destined for one another. And after his death, Spencer’s presence continues to haunt her.
But when her next-door neighbor becomes an unlikely friend, Winter begins to accept all that
she can’t change. Can she open herself to a new future . . . and a possible new love?

I LOVED this book!  It made you feel--both sadness and towards the end, hope.  It was very bittersweet.

I loved each and every character in the story--even the ones we were supposed to hate.  I felt so bad for Winter.  I can't imagine having the person who you've been in love with for years, and finally got to be with, die so suddenly.  I could just feel her pain.  And I loved Spencer.  He seemed like such a sweet, funny, real guy.  As did Jesse.  That he stuck with Winter and was there for her through her pain was so sweet. 

I loved that right before each chapter, there was at first, a memory of Spencer and Winter starting when they were in second grade, and then later there were love quotes before each chapter.  The memories really helped me to fall in love with not only Spencer and Winter, but with their relationship with each other. 

The book flowed perfectly for me.  I sat down late last night and read it all the way through.  I was just so absorbed in it and there were many times that I got teary eyed.  This is the first book that I have read by Tricia Mills, although I have Heartbreak River in my TBR pile and if it's as good as Winter Longing was, I can't wait to read it!

I gave this book a rating of 4.5/5.

Winter Longing will be released on August 12, 2010.

This book fullfills items for the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 36
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 26
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 25

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment