Saturday, March 6, 2010

Book Review- For Keeps

I just finised reading For Keeps by Natasha Friend for an Around the World Tour.

From Goodreads:

Josie’s never met her dad, and that’s fine with her. To Josie, Paul Tucci is just a guy who got her mom pregnant and then moved away. It all happened sixteen years ago, when Josie’s mom was still a teenager herself. But now Paul Tucci is back in town, and Josie has to deal with not one but two men in her life—her father and her first boyfriend, who Josie fears will hurt her just like Paul hurt her mother.

Okay, so after reading this book, for some reason, I keep picturing the Gilmore Girl chacters in my head.  Especially Paul Tucci--I keep seeing him as Christopher from the TV shower.  I see a lot of similarities in the way that the mother-daughter bond is in both the tv show and the book.**

This was a pretty good book for me.  Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it.  I felt that the characters and the story line seemed very real.  I think that having a mom dating again is an ordeal (not sure if this is the right word) that many teenagers go through if they live with a single mom.  And I think that the romance between Riggs seems pretty real too.  (I know some bloggers are having problems with Josie forgiving him for something too easily, but honestly, I probably would have done the same thing.)

The only thing that I didn't like is that I felt that the ending was too soon.  I want to know more about what happened with Paul Tucci and with the guy Josie's mom was dating.  And I want to know more about Josie and Riggs' relationship.

If you want a cute, "real" read, then I think you would enjoy this one.

**Okay, after posting this and then going to read other reviews of this book, I see that I am not alone in thinking that the book resembles Gilmore Girls.

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

For Keeps will be relased on April 6, 2010.

This book fullfills items for the following challenges:
A to Z Challenge: F
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 31
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 22
ARC Reading Challenge 2010: 22

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment