Saturday, March 20, 2010

Book Review- Living Dead in Dallas

I just finished Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris.

From Goodreads:

Waiting tables, sweeping floors, reading minds and solving mysteries for the undead. It's all in a day's work for Sookie...

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is on a streak of real bad luck. First, her co-worker gets murdered and no one seems to care. Then Sookie is attacked - and poisoned - late one night by some weird and apparently mythical beast. She only survives because the local vampires roll up and graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn't enjoy it). But in return the blood-suckers need a favor.

Which is why Sookie ends up in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire, on the condition that her undead friends don't do anything, well, vampiric while she's there. Easier said than done. All it takes is one delicious blonde and one small mistake for things to turn deadly...
 
Well, I feel pretty much like I did after I read Dead Until Dark.  The book was good and fun, but nothing to rave about.  I'm still not sure about Sookie or Bill.  And this book went a little weird for me close to the end.  There was a pretty good surprise right at the end though.  And I really don't have much to write about this story.   I think I liked the first book better, but am looking forward to the next book in the series, Club Dead.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3/5.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:  
*ETA, I forgot to add these to the main challenge pages so changing it now
Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge: Living Dead in Dallas
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 57

 
*FTC Disclosure: I traded this book with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment