Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Book Review- Invisible Touch

I just finished reading Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra for a 1 ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

Do you believe in fate?

Kara Martinez has been trying to be "normal" ever since the accident that took her father's life when she was eleven years old. She's buried the caliente side of her Mexican heritage with her father and tried to be the girl her rigid mother wants her to be--compliant and dressed in pink, and certainly not acting out like her older brother Jason. Not even Danielle, her best friend at Valdez High, has seen the real Kara; only those who read her anonymous blog know the deepest secrets of the sign seer.

Because Kara has a gift--one that often feels like a curse. She sees signs, visions that are clues to a person's fate, if she can put together the pieces of the puzzle in time. So far, she's been able to solve the clues and avert disaster for those she's been warned about--until she sees the flash of a gun on a fellow classmate, and the stakes are raised higher than ever before. Kara does her best to follow the signs, but it's her heart that wanders into new territory when she falls for a mysterious guy from the wrong side of town, taking her closer to answers she may not be able to handle. Will her forbidden romance help her solve the deadly puzzle before it's too late...or lead her even further into danger?
 
I enjoyed this book.  While, I don't think is really anything to gush over, I found myself wanting to get to the end to find out the answer to the puzzle.  Usually I can figure out the ending and the answer to the mystery before I get to it, but in this book, I didn't figure it out at all. 
 
The characters were all fine for me.  No one I really loved, and no one I disliked.  I do wish we had learned more about Kara's best friend, Danielle, though.  We learn her secret at the end, but I wish we had seen and learned more about her.
 
This was an easy read and one that will keep you guessing.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
This book fullfills items for the following challenges:
2010 100+ Reading Challenge: 33
2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 24
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free by Harmony from 1 ARC Tours for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment