Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Review- Bad Taste in Boys

I finished reading Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris for a Teen Book Scene review.

From Goodreads:

Someone's been a very bad zombie.

Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate!

She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town . . . and stay hormonally human.
 
The whole time I was reading this book, I kept thinking that it read like one of those teeny-bopper horror movies.  Which sounds bad, but the thing is, I LIKE those teeny bopper movies!
 
Kate is a butt-kicking character with good morals--I liked that!  And I liked the fact that she had such strong goals for her future and didn't question who she was and what she liked.  And the secondary characters were good too (Rocky, Kiki, Jonah, Aaron) but I would have liked to know more about them.
 
I don't really have too much to say other than it was a light, quick read with a horror theme.  Definitely a fun story.
 
I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 20
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 18
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 6
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 16
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Teen Book Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment