Saturday, July 2, 2011

Book Review- My Soul to Lose

I finally tried out the Nook to read the prequel novella, My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent.  It was actually pretty easy to read on the Nook and I got used to it quickly.

From Goodreads:

It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

This was super quick, easy read.  Since it's only available as an e-book, it took me a while to get around to reading it.  I liked getting to know Kaylee's background and finding out just how she got sent to the mental hospital.  I also liked how we got to meet a character in the hospital, Lydia, which ties to a character in the fifth book I just read, If I Die.  But I think the way Lydia was written in the prequel was a little confusing.  Even though I understood her character, because I just read the fifth book, I still had a hard time understanding what was happening with her scene.  I liked reading this short little, but significant, blip in Kaylee's life before she understands what is happening to her.

I gave this book a rating of 3/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 52
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 39

*FTC Disclosure: I paid for and downloaded this e-book to read for my personal enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment