Saturday, July 2, 2011

Book Review- If I Die

I started and finished If I Die by Rachel Vincent on my honeymoon.

From Goodreads:

No one wants to be this teacher’s pet . . .

Everyone else is talking about Eastlake High’s gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck, but Kaylee Cavanaugh has bigger things on her mind. Kaylee’s a banshee—her scream is a portent of death.

But the next scream might hit too close to home. Kaylee’s borrowed lifeline has almost run out.

Yeah—it’s a shock to her, too. So to distract herself from her own problems, Kaylee is determined to defend her school against the latest supernatural threat. That hot new teacher is really an incubus, who feeds from the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend’s delinquent ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren’t quite human either.

But Kaylee’s running out of time, and those who love her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.

Soul Screamers: The last thing you hear before you die.
 
Ooh..this book was a roller coaster of emotions. Sad and depressing one minute then happy and giddy the next. I couldn’t put the book down. I wanted to know if Kaylee was really going to die and if so, how! The ups and downs with Nash continued and there was one moment where I really didn’t like Nash again.
 
*************Spoilers********************





I had thought about Kaylee and Tod together before but I wasn’t really sure how I felt about them as couple. But after seeing how Tod felt about Kaylee and her reaction to him, I’m glad that they came together. I didn’t particularly like HOW they had their first kiss, since I am extremely against cheating. But I loved how Tod always protected Kaylee and put her first. And the ending. Wow! I kept saying “No, Kaylee can’t die! It can’t be over!” But I should have known that death is never really the end. I liked the ending. It fit well and was sort of a happily-ever-after (with the whole Tod thing, minus the whole Nash thing).







********************DONE SPOILERS*****************************
I sure hope there is going to be a next book and I can’t wait to read it! I finally downloaded My Soul to Lose and Reaper onto my Nook and I’m off to go read them now!

I gave this book a rating of 4/5.

If I Die will be relased on September 27, 2011.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 51
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 43
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 38
*FTC Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from the publishers for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment