Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Review- Wolfsbane

I just finished reading Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

You're an alpha, a leader. That's what we need. It's what we've always needed. When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. Then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save her pack ? and the boy ? she left behind.Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? Will Shay stand by her side no matter what?Now in control of her destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials love can endure.

I read Nightshade, the previous book, last summer.  Everyone had hyped up the book, but it just didn't do it for me.  I found myself confused for most of the book.  But I knew I wanted to try the sequel to see if it was any better.  And it was, but only a little.  I still found myself confused at the beginning of the book.  There were so many different people and groups to remember, and then the history of the groups came in to play.  And blah.  But once I got through all that, it was better.

The last book was definitely more action driven, where I found this one to be more character driven.  Which is probably why I liked this one better.  There were definitely some action scenes, but a lot of it just had to do with the characters. 

I like Calla.  She's definitely a kick-butt girl.  But the whole Ren vs. Shay thing tends to get a little old.  We get a lot of Shay in this book but not too much Ren.  Although we do find out a surprise about him (which I pegged early on).  I really liked the new characters we meet, especially Connor.  I liked his personality and sense of humor. 

There is definitely another book coming up.  The ending is a definite cliffhanger and while these books aren't my favorite, I will read the next one! 

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 65
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 51
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 49

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment