Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review- Catching Jordan

Early this morning I finished reading Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally for an Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.


So when I first read the summary of the book, I was so excited!  I am a HUGE football fan!  I love college football the best but the NFL isn't far behind.  In fact, I have 5 fantasy football leagues!  I always wanted to play football, but was never brave enough (and I don't really have any skills).  But to read a book about a girl quarterback in high school?  Awesome!

Then I sat down and started to read.  And I learned about how Jordan wanted to go to Alabama so badly and how her brother went to Tennessee.  Well, I am a DIE-HARD Gator.  I went to the University of Florida and it shows!  I even have tons of posters up in my kindergarten classroom!  My kiddos always draw me orange and blue pictures every year and I get them to say "Go Gators!"  So reading about how Tennessee was going to beat the Gators (which hasn't happened since 2004) wasn't exactly making me happy.  But then I realized that at least the author was pro SEC so I guess it was okay :) 

Anyways, on to the book.  I loved all of the football talk.  I love being submersed in the football world.  And I liked that Jordan was just one of the guys but learned that having friends that are girls can be a wonderful thing too.  I didn't like Ty, not even from the beginning.  He was too controlling and I didn't like that.  I loved Henry though!  Such a sweet guy!  The plot was okay.  It was a little predictable.  But that's okay!  I just loved reading about a girl playing quarterback!  Hopefully some day we'll see a girl quarterback in the college division!

I gave this book a rating of 3.5/5.

Catching Jordan will be released on December 1, 2011.

This book fulfills items in the following challenges:

2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 74
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 58
2011 Debut Author Challenge: 20
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 56
2011 YA Contemporary Challenge: 12

*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment