Thursday, August 18, 2011

Book Review- Eve

I just finished reading Eve by Anna Carey for and Around the World ARC Tour.

From Goodreads:

The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.


Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

I've read mixed reviews about this book, so I started reading it, not expecting much.  But I really enjoyed it!  The whole idea of a plague that knocks out most of the population is terrifying!  So the plot had me hooked right away. And then when I found out what really happened ot the graduates of the School, my jaw dropped!  Its so revolting!
 
I really liked Eve.  She wasn't this independent kick-butt chick that many females are in dystopians.  She needed help and wasn't afraid to ask for it.  And I mostly liked Caleb.  There was one part where I wasn't too fond of it, but he got better again.
 
I wasn't expecting this book to be sad, but there was one part where I would definitely have teared up if I was a normal girl (but I never cry).   And the ending is definitely a cliff hanger.  I was totally surprised by what Califia turned out to be like.  And this is supposed to be a trilogy, so I can't wait to read the second book!
 
I gave this book a rating of 4/5.
 
Eve will be released on October 4, 2011.
 
This book fulfills items in the following challenges:
2011 100+ Reading Challenge: 75
2011 ARC Reading Challenge: 59
2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge: 57
 
*FTC Disclosure: I was given this book for free for an honest review as part of the Around the World Tours.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read this one! And I'm glad Eve was kick-butt since I'm definitely a fan of strong heroines. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I like the story premise, but I am not sure what to make of a non-kick-butt heroine! That can be tough to pull off successfully... Your review definitely makes me want to give this a try though :)

    ReplyDelete